(Each Thursday I like to link to some of my favorite online pieces from the previous week.)
- Yes, still talking about the farm bill. This is a good letter on EWG about what’s wrong with it.
- This is a great example of how our nutrition recommendations are affected by food policy. The USDA “encouraged” Meatless Monday, the Beef Association got upset, and then the USDA removed it. (Bettina from The Lunch Tray also mentions this.)
- Even more evidence not to drink sugary drinks: they might negatively affect your muscles.
- Very good piece from Grist about GMO sugar beets and how they were deregulated.
- Interesting information from Scientific American about what our ancestors really ate.
- Tom Philpott on some recent “wimp-outs.”